Drive Systemic Change.
Blended and Online Teaching and Learning Courses
In these five researched-based online courses, educators of every level develop a shared understanding of how to introduce new learning modalities to students. Course participants learn how to work in cross-functional teams to design, support, and deliver student-centered innovation in their districts, schools, and classrooms. With blended and online learning initiatives in place, students develop the skill set needed to thrive in high school, college, and beyond. Participants can expect:
- Meaningful feedback from experienced instructors.
- Job-embedded course activities including individual action plans.
- Collaboration with colleagues in a cooperative environment.
- Courses aligned to iNACOL’s Standards for Quality Online Teaching, Courses, and Programs.
Courses for Leaders
These courses illustrate how to design and implement a successful blended and online learning program in K-12 schools. Framed on iNACOL National Quality Standards, each course identifies key questions district leaders must answer throughout every step of a blended and online learning initiative. Participants will learn various blended and online learning models prevalent in today’s schools, key elements to designing and implementing an effective blended or online program, and best teaching practices in blended and online settings. As a result, leaders will be prepared to support the ongoing professional development of teachers in 21st Century learning communities.
For district leaders: Leading Successful Blended & Online Learning Initiatives
Implement the six essential elements of integrating a blended and online learning program: school leadership, professional development, teaching, operations, content, and technology.
- Choose a model that best suits your school’s needs.
- Identify sources for funding school-wide initiatives.
- Evaluate professional development needs and opportunities.
For building leaders: Leading Blended & Online Teachers
- Identify your preferred model of blended and online learning.
- Determine how to evaluate blended and online teachers.
- Align a professional development plan to key initiatives.
Courses for Teachers
These courses lay down the fundamental framework for developing effective blended and online courses in K-12 classrooms. Comprised of 14 total web modules, these courses combine self-paced and collaborative instruction predicated on hands-on learning, colleague collaboration, and dedicated coaching from the course instructor. Participants will master course-specific communication and common problem-solving strategies to nurture a reflective blended and online learning community.
Online Teaching: Fundamentals of Instructional Design
- Apply principles of online curriculum design.
- Acquire tools for active online learning.
- Develop practical online coursework.
Online Teaching: Fundamentals of Instruction
- Nurture an online learning environment.
- Enrich online discussions.
- Develop student management skills.
Blended Teaching Essentials
- Assess and improve proficiency in blended teacher competencies.
- Implement blended classroom strategies, tools and solutions.
- Support students in the transition from traditional to blended learning.